Thursday, August 25, 2011

From shoddy pink to glossy black

So today I went for a simple coloured tip as I was short on time and inspiration, I did have pink tips with bows but they smudged and didnt look well enough to put on here.
The end result was very glossy but didnt come across well in the photos.

I chose a black tip with a natural couloured french manicure base.


The base coat was essence french manicure top coat out of the mini french manicure kit. I didnt have enough for three coats though which is really needed for opaque colour.


But that might only be because my natural nails are a bit yellow from constant nail polish.


The tip colour was a nail art pen ordered off ebay pictured above by sure promise its good but takes quite a while to dry.




I used striping brushes instead of the pen nib as I find it gives a cleaner line instead of a wobbly on I get when doing big ones with a pen. I like this kind of manicure for plain and simple when in your face bright nails might not be appropriate but you dont want togo au naturel. I used to wear nails like this in school to get round the nail polish ban.




Sorry for my dodgy photography by the way, the camera was very fuzzy and I hurt my wrist so the camera was difficult to hold up.




Jen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment